Friday, August 8, 2008

This is the life!

Miles, Gavin, Renee, Claire, Darren, and Carter
at NRH2O

Sometimes it's pretty fun to be a stay at home mom! I thought that having the kids home all summer would be hard, but it has turned out to be really fun. I am finding that the smaller I keep my to-do list, and the fewer obligations and places we have to go during the day, the more relaxed I am, and the more I enjoy being a mom. I am going to keep that in mind once school starts! On that note, I have decided to not teach piano lessons anymore. This summer we have spent many lazy days at the pool with friends. Darren can swim several feet underwater now. Claire is still petrified of deep water, but loves to pretend she is Ariel, and will swim and put her whole face underwater in the shallow end. Miles chills in his float and works on his tan. On Thursday, the Sheppard's invited us to go to the water park with them. Everyone had a great time on the lazy river, going down the slides, walking across the logs, and sitting in the wave pool! I would have taken more pictures, but holding a baby and camera in the water is pretty tricky. Thanks for inviting us, Tiffany!

2 comments:

karin said...

I LOVE lazy summer days. I wish I had more of them. That waterpark looks great.

mistyp said...

Looks like fun! Wish I could be a more relaxed mom! Oh, and I had forgotten all about that talk you mentioned! I guess I should say I tried to forget about it. That day was a bad one with the kids and my emotions were crazy. Glad you got something out of it because I felt horrible after giving it!