Thursday, August 14, 2008

Project Pictures

I finally finished up some projects that have been on my list for a long time. Here are some pictures of the guest room, which I painted. I moved the bed and hung some stuff on the walls. I also spray-painted the bookcase black to go with the bed. One day I might make some curtains. IF I get the playroom cleaned up tomorrow, I'll also post some pictures of the chalkboard, curtains, and baskets that we've finished.

Sorry, this is the only "before" picture I have. This is from when Darren and Claire cleaned up the playroom by moving all their stuff into the guest room.


After!

Isn't this bookcase pretty? Seriously, I love spray paint - it's so easy!
See the candle sconces that I installed BY MYSELF, WITH A DRILL. Aren't you impressed?!

8 comments:

karin said...

Nice room. I am impressed with the before photo too, your kids are very creative. I love the bookshelves.

Susan said...

You used a drill and did it yourself. Wow, I am impressed! I love that room.

Lisa M said...

I think the room looks fantastic. I think that is one thing our house lacks is different paint on the wall. Very impressed about the drill.

Unknown said...

it looks so good! wow!! makes me want to get my guest room finished.

Becky said...

Beautiful job on the room. But, be careful,...if you make it too comfortable, the guests never leave!!! :)

Unknown said...

Where do ya'll live again - just kidding! M

Michele said...

You realize this is like advertising; it looks so good we may want to come for a visit soon!

jenhatch said...

B-E-A-UTIFUL! You did an awesome job!! Very chicy and girly! Love it! And I too spray paint anything I can!