Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Playroom Pics!


FINALLY! It's clean! I spent all afternoon cleaning upstairs today, and I also put two big boxes of toys in the attic. I'm going to rotate them out every couple of months with other toys. I'm guessing that Darren and Claire won't even notice they're gone, though! I love the playroom. It is where we spend most of our time, and I've had so much fun doing projects to make it look fun and cozy. Here are some of those projects:

I ordered the letters on EBAY, then painted them. Okay, so I realize they're not up there straight, but they are stuck on REALLY well and I don't want to take off the paint by fixing them! I also ordered the bookcases online. I thought they were going to be white, but they were beige, so I painted them to match.

Here's our chalkboard! It is a piece of wall board from Lowe's framed with molding, primed with a metallic primer, and painted with chalkboard paint. It is about 4X6 feet tall.


I have always loved the colorful kids furniture at Pottery Barn Kids, but it's really pricey. This is a dining set I bought at a garage sale for $60. It was stained oak. I had Jerry cut the legs shorter on the chairs and table so it would be more kid-friendly. Then I sanded, primed, and painted them.
My baskets were plain straw, so I also spray-painted them and added labels to keep everything organized.

Last but not least, I made these cute tie-up drapes and pillows! These were another imitation of Pottery Barn Kids, but way cheaper! I just love a good project!

12 comments:

Lisa M said...

Very creative and impressive.

shauna said...

This looks great! You and Jerry have great taste ... please come decorate my house sometime, ok?

HoltFamily said...

I am SO impressed!!

katie and matt said...

What a precious playroom- it looks like it came straight out of a magazine! :)

Kira Thunell said...

Will you come and do our playroom too please?! Wow! I'm very impressed, you are so creative! I'd love to see your house someday. :) You've inspired me to finish some projects ....

Alyssa said...

I love it! You have such a great play space for you kids!

jenhatch said...

TOTALLY cute! Just lookint at it makes me happy and want to get down on the floor and play! LOVE the chalkboard wall idea!

Becky said...

Brilliant...you are brilliant!!!

Michele said...

Where do you find the time and energy for such things, with 3 kids under the age of 6?!? Are there any rooms left in your house that you haven't gotten your creative hands on yet?

TonyaKuykendall said...

Holy Cow! I want to be YOU when I grow up. SO CUTE ROOM!!!!

Chelle said...

This is the cutest room EVER! Someday I am going to copy your idea for cutting the legs off the table & chairs. I also love the Pottery Barn kids ideas, but don't know that I'll ever splurge. And why should I now that your creativity has inspired me??? You're awesome.

Stamp With Linz said...

You are So clever! I love it all!