Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Port Aransas

Here are some pictures from our trip to Port Aransas.

It was an 8 1/2 hour drive, including stops. This is the longest roadtrip we have attempted since Darren was a baby! I drove most of the way because Jerry had to work LATE the night before. Thanks to my good friend, Laura, and her book "Happy Little Travelers," (which is in the process of being published right now,) the drive was a success!


Here we are!
Ahh . . . the lovely beaches of Texas! This is seaweed. It was also floating in the water. I was too creeped out to go in the water the first day, but the second day the water was much clearer. We have pretty much decided that next time we will drive a few hours more and go to Florida.

Darren loved surfing on his boogie board, once Jerry showed him how. He wasn't afraid, and was able to catch a lot of waves.


Miles and Claire hung out with me in the sand. Miles loved the salty shells we found!


One very sandy baby.

One very sleepy baby.

Two very tired kids!

Looking at dolphins from the boat.
At the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi.
Lots of fish in the sea.


Did everyone have fun? YES!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun!! looks like a great trip!

Michele said...

Lots of great pictures. You're quite the beach babe, Michalann! Looks like y'all tan like us (except me). Nice not to have to worry about the burns.

jenhatch said...

Looks like a fun trip! And the picture of the family is way cute! I'll need to get one of those books from Laura... that's for sure!!

Sharee said...

Your hair is so cute curly! How come I have never seen it like that? What a fun trip - but I have to agree, the beach looked pretty gross. I think Florida is sounding good.

Lisa M said...

Looks like you have a fantastic trip. I loved Miles in pool asleep that was classic.

mistyp said...

Looks like fun! Family trips are the best when things go smoothly! Love the sleeping baby picture!

J & M Shumate Family said...

I love your vacation pics...looks like serious fun!!! SUPER CUTE KIDS.....