Thursday, June 12, 2008

Trip to Minnesota

My sister Christy had her second baby three weeks early, so Miles and I made a quick trip up to Minnesota to help her out until my mom could get there. The flight up there was LONG. We sat on the plane for an hour until they told us to get off because it would be another hour before we could take off because of weather. My stroller was already checked, so I let Miles crawl all over the airport floor hoping to get some of his energy out. We got a lot of grossed out looks. For the two hour flight, we were squeezed between a guy with a laptop, and a woman with sparkles on the chest of her shirt - need I say more?
Coming home was MUCH better. We actually had a whole row to ourselves, and empty rows behind and across from us - a nice buffer! It was late and Miles slept most of the way.

Here is my sister with her sweet little baby Joseph.

Jon and Joey.
Miles had a great time playing with Tommy and climbing up and down the stairs. The kid needs to grow some whiskers, though! He sees an opening and automatically thinks he can crawl through it, often getting stuck and crying. In this case, it was a good thing he got stuck!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness! I laughed out loud so hard at your description of the flight to Minnesota--sparkles and a computer!!!

Congrats to Christy! Joseph is adorable. Sometime I need to get her blog address...

Miles is a little explorer, isn't he. Andrew somehow hasn't gotten into that phase and I'm so glad.

Your kitchen is lovely, btw. :)

Becky said...

How nice of you to hurry and fly to help Christy! That is so cool...I had no idea that she had another. Tell her hi from me. I get the plane flight thing. ...You have a great attitude. I always end up a big stressed out mess. Also,...love love love your kitchen. We have a sort of checkered look on our backsplash too. I love it. I will post pictures soon.

Kira Thunell said...

Oh, I know the joys of traveling with kids all too well. Flying is so much faster but it is so hard to coupe up a little one to a single seat. And to a seat next to a laptop and sparkles. I'm laughing with you :)

Andrea said...

Your family is so cute, and I am happy to see you all doing so well!! Your very talented with your kitchen job, I wouldn't even think to do something like that! Anyways, I was glad to see your name on Becky's
blog since I have wondered how you were doing!

Sincerely,
Andrea Steele