Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

We had a really nice Valentines Day this year. I made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast. This year Darren and Claire were old enough to put together their own Valentines, which was nice. Unfortunately, while I was gone this weekend, they ate all of the candy that we were going to put in the valentines! So, we ended up using every last bit of candy and gum that we could find throughout the house to make sure each of their friends got a treat - this was VERY important to Claire!

Because it was on a Monday, Jerry and I did not go out (we'll go out this weekend - )instead, we had a nice, candlelight dinner with the kids. They thought it was really cool. We had salad, garlic bread, and lasagna. For their dessert, they each got a box of chocolates. We went around the table and said nice things about everyone. When it was my turn, everyone was being silly, so Miles said,"I like Mommy because she goes to the bathroom!" and then Sammi said in the cutest little voice,"Poo-Poo!" and looked around at everyone and laughed. How is it that even a 20-month old knows potty talk and thinks it's funny?! Oh well. Despite their potty mouths sometimes, I love my little sweethearts! (And my big one, too!) xoxox

No comments: