Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Day(s)!


A big storm blew in, and the kids were out of school for four days one week, and one day the next. Jerry stayed home from work for two days. You think our city could invest in at least a couple of snow plows, considering all the lost revenue each year when we get a storm. You really can't go anywhere, because the roads are solid ice. The kids and I did have fun ice-skating down our street, though. We didn't stay out for very long since it was only 21 degrees. Basically, we didn't go anywhere for almost a week. I was glad that I had gone to the grocery store before the storm hit. It was nice to sleep in every day and have no obligations, but we were ready when it was time to go back to school!

My favorite quote came from my friend, Melanie, when she posted on Facebook: "I went ice-skating in my car today! Fun." I'm glad she lives close enough to walk to my house. She and Preston (Miles' best friend,) came over one afternoon and we had a huge snowball fight with the kids.

No comments: