Sunday, August 1, 2010

Scripture Reading

One night at Grandpa and Grandma's house for scriptures, Grandpa read 1 Nephi 3:7, which says"I will go and do as the Lord has commanded. For I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish it."

He asked Darren and Claire if they knew where the scripture was from, and Darren knew what chapter and verse. Everyone was really impressed.

They asked Darren if he knew what the scripture was talking about, and he said that it was from when Nephi, Laman and Samuel were supposed to go and get the brass plates. Before I had time to pat myself on the back for being such a good teacher, Darren went on to explain, "Yea, they had these black and white rocks in a bag. Whoever got the white rock had to go and get the plates from Laban. Then Laman said, "I'll go. You guys don't know how to handle a guy like Laban! I'm the only one who knows how to handle a guy like that!"

And we were all like, "What?! I don't remember that part!" Then we realized that he had seen the movie.

No comments: