Sunday, June 20, 2010

Darren's Birthday Wish

One of Darren's favorite things to do is play video and computer games. He would play all day if he had his wish. Actually, I found out that it WAS his birthday wish!

After letting Darren play for several hours on a Saturday, I finally told him it was time to quit. He started crying and said, "But now my wish is NEVER going to come true!!!!! I wished that I could play video games for a whole day." He was devastated when I told him that probably wouldn't ever happen. I explained, "I could wish for all the candy in the world, but that wouldn't mean it is a good wish, because it would make me very sick." He replied,"But that wouldn't ever come true. I tried to wish for something that could actually come true!"

Am I a mean mom? Should I grant his wish? maybe I will after all . . .

No comments: