Monday, August 20, 2007

Tagged!!!

Lindsey tagged me a long time ago - here are eight little-known facts about me:

1. I used to desperately want to be "old-fashioned", and be a contemporary of Laura Ingalls Wilder, the "Little Women", "The Five Peppers", and Anne of Green Gables. Now, not so much.

2. Jerry surprised me on our honeymoon by taking me to an N'Sync concert.

3. I have 29 gallons of paint sitting in my pantry right now.

4. I love to count things. I can also tell you how many minutes it takes to any given location, if I've been there more than once. (This doesn't mean that I'm always on time.)

5. I have been in 5 car accidents in the last seven years. In none of these was I the driver. As a result, I'm a very insecure passenger.

6. I have played the piano for 22 years, and I took lessons for 17 years. My piano teacher still teaches my youngest brother. She turns 88 this year and is still going strong!

7. I like to time everything I do - it motivates me to go faster. It drives Jerry crazy, yet he still puts a new timer in my stocking each Christmas - gotta love him!!!

A couple months ago, Jerry and I were out on a date. We were driving a rental car because our van was in the shop. We pulled up to a stoplight and I thought the people next to us were laughing and pointing to us - how rude! They motioned for Jerry to roll down his window, then asked, "hey, did you know you have a timer stuck to the side of your car?" Jerry kind of laughed and explained that we had kids. They agreed, "Oh, yeah" and chuckled some more. Well, I was dying of embarrassment, because I was actually the one who had stuck it there while I was working in my flowers, and had forgotten to take it down. Sadly, after I put it in the car that night, I forgot about it, and haven't seen it since, because we had to return the rental car shortly thereafter. Luckily, my watch has a stopwatch on it!

8. I am by no means an "au natural" kind of girl. I like my meds! BUT I delivered Miles without an epidural because I wanted a new couch instead - it was a proud moment for me!

Now you know how weird I am! Hope you enjoyed this post!

6 comments:

mistyp said...

You sound pretty normal to me! ;)

J & M Shumate Family said...

OK...I loved this post! It is soooo fun to read unknown facts about a good friend! I had to laugh about the timer thing. You are too funny!!!!

The Nielsens said...

The timer is a great "weird" thing. You are AWESOME!! I love your "weird" things.

Great post. You're fun!! So, have you purchased your couch?

Stamp With Linz said...

I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing some of those fun things about you. I think we're all a little quirky about things...okay, at least I am. :)
BTW, I think it's even funnier that you said it's "THE KIDS"...I know I've pulled that one a few times too!

mistyp said...

The Larsons probably do live close to you. They were in Waco for a while until he decided law school wasn't for him.

Anonymous said...

I love the post and getting to know the real you a little better. I challenge myself to get things done faster too. Great job on "earning" your couch. Boy I hope it was worth it. ;)