Wednesday, December 1, 2010

All of this for $30!


Ever since I was little and my aunts Debbie and Sally took us "garage-sailing," I have love going to garage sales. It is especially fun here, because each neighborhood does a community garage sale, and they happen every weekend for a couple months in the spring and fall. Some of my favorite deals this year were:

1. easy bake oven + 8 mixes and a box of cooking accessories: $12
2. solid wood rocking chair (more on this, later) : $20
3. 2 bikes (I looked them up, and they were $175-200 bikes) and a razor scooter: $31
4. Cat-in-the-Hat Costume for Miles (his FAVORITE movie character) : $1
5. Pottery Barn Kids surfer peg rack - totally goes with the decor in the boys' room: $1

I only bought stuff that looked new, and ended up saving most of it for Christmas. All in all, I think I spent less than $100. How cool is that?!

No comments: