Thursday, September 23, 2010

Grandma Atwood's House

One of our favorite visits on our trip was with my Grandma Atwood, who lives in Pingree, Idaho. My two aunts, Debbie and Sally, came to visit, and my cousin Charlyn, her husband, and new baby came also. When I was growing up, we would visit my grandma almost every summer. There were certain things we would do almost every summer with our aunts and cousins, like go to the Pingree store and buy penny candy, play games, set up a pool, have a hot-dog roast, and sometimes even an Easter egg hunt! We felt so spoiled, because my aunts made sure that Darren, Claire, Miles, and Sammi got to do all those same things! They even got to go over and feed the animals on my uncle's farm each day. Jerry and I spent the afternoon playing a fun game with my aunt Sally and Grandma while Debbie played with the kids. We are blessed to have such wonderful families and such good memories of our time together.

Here are a couple funny stories from our visit there:

#1. My grandma had several older kittens at her house. I guess my kids had never really seen a cat before - I know, it's weird. Anyway, the first thing that Miles noticed was that it had a tail. He said, "Look. It has tail! And we have bottoms! That's funny!"

#2. My grandma's bathroom has an opening above the door. It is right off of the kitchen. I walked in and saw Claire trying to stand up on the bar. I said,"Claire! Someone's in the bathroom right now. You need to get down and wait your turn!" She repied, "I know. I just wanted to see who was in there."

No comments: