Friday, November 7, 2008

Book Club


Our book club, from front left: Susan, Michelle, Lisa, Rachel, Gena, Debbie, JoLynn, and Tiffany. Not pictured: Sheree, Jen

This has been a busy week for us. Starting with Tuesday, I had a doctor appointment and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I have finished the first trimester and am feeling much better. I spent the entire rest of the day cleaning house for book club. I had not hosted in a long time, so I wanted to make it special. Instead of doing the usual treats and snacks, we had dinner and dessert. It was well worth the effort, and I enjoyed sitting around the table with all my friends while we ate and discussed the book.

Last night, I got to spend another late night talking and laughing with some of these friends after enrichment. It reminded me of my college days. I'm thankful to have good friends here, and I'm even more grateful for such a sweet husband who puts the kids to bed, and doesn't complain when I stay out too late sometimes for much-needed girl time!

2 comments:

jenhatch said...

WOW! I'm even more bummed that I missed! It looks great! And if you served TaterTot Casserole, I'll be even MORE bummed! ;) But I have been forced to learn - the hard way - that I need to slow down more this go round. And 3 nights away from home wasn't a good thing (young women's and enrichment).

Anyhow, sorry I missed it and how sweet of you to make it so special!

Sharee said...

Wasn't that so fun? I loved getting together to have fun with all the gals - we should do it again. Your book club was so beautiful, and even though I came after over an hour, I was still wonderful! Thanks!