Friday, November 7, 2008

Phone-obia

We recently went from having one phone to four. I was against having more than one phone, but when the battery on our cordless phone died, we replaced it with a set of four. (No more running up and down the stairs like a crazy person trying to answer the phone in time.) It took Jerry two weeks to decide on the perfect phone. Meanwhile, I was tied to the kitchen counter with an old corded phone whenever someone called. While Jerry couldn't be more pleased with these new phones, I'm not so sure.

As I feared, every time someone calls us now, more than one person answers - usually Darren. He loves to talk on the phone. I was taking a nap the other day when Darren came into my room and told me Cooper's mom wanted to talk to me (I don't know Cooper, or his mom.) Apparently, Darren had found his class directory and was calling all of his friends. He said most of the moms said their kids couldn't talk, but Cooper's mom thought he was pretty funny and talked to him for a while.

4 comments:

J & M Shumate Family said...

I am giggling soooo hard. WHat a funny story! We've always had just 1 phone too. When I got back from Utah this summer, we finally broke down and bought a set of 4 phones at Costco. It's been better than having to run to the phone like a crazy woman. Jacob hasn't tried to use the phones yet.....I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Michelle said...

Okay, that is seriously one of the funniest stories I have EVER heard! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. You've gotta love kids!
--Michelle O.

Chelle said...

So between you and Jerry, which one of you ran through the house, up and down stairs, etc. to answer the phone every day while Jerry was taking two whole weeks to find the perfect phone? I'm guessing the pregnant one of you got the biggest workout. That's way too funny. Glad to hear that Darin is getting comfortable with the new purchase.

A couple weeks ago your mom was telling me about your pregnancy with #4, but somehow it didn't click in this bright head of mine that you are newly pregnant NOW! So congratulations! I'm glad you're past that first yucky part. Hopefully I'll see you at church during the holidays--I'll wait until then to ask you how you're feeling because that's a question all pregnant women can't wait to hear. Hang in there!

Bethany said...

Hello.. My name is Beth Brawn. My mother's name was Rita Collingwood. I was wondering if we might be related some how.