Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Since Jerry does not get very many holidays, we decided to just take it easy this weekend and enjoy some quality family time.


Playing Jenga with an engineer takes a little longer than normal. Every move is carefully analyzed. But sooner or later, the tower must fall!

The best $20 we ever spent! It took a little coercing at first, but once the kids got the hang of it, they were entertained for hours!




Also, I just finished reading this book for my book club. It takes place in modern day Afghanistan and follows the lives of two women who are married to the same abusive man. I highly recommend it! It made me really appreciate living here in the United States, and realize how many of my basic rights I take for granted. It also made me appreciate the sacrifice our soldiers have and are making to help other people.

1 comment:

Leah said...

We read that for book club last month as well. It was a great book. It made me so grateful to live in America.

Love the slip and slide. It looks like a blast. Well worth 20 bucks.