Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Make Time for Yourself!

My friends are sometimes surprised to find out that I go to the gym nearly every day. I have found that it is the best way for me to get my exercise in now that I have three kids. I found a gym here that is less than a mile from my home. My membership is $30/month and includes classes and childcare. I keep a gym bag packed with an extra set of toiletries and pack a towel and change of clothes each day. After dropping Darren off at school, we head to the gym. I'm usually there about an hour and fifteen minutes, and workout and take a shower while I'm there. It's so nice to watch the news while I workout, and then get ready for the day without all my kids in the bathroom with me! Plus, I know I've done something good for myself!

This is my current workout routine:

Treadmill: 30 minutes, alternating 2 minutes of running, 1 min. walking
Stair stepper: 10 minutes
Elliptical: 10 minutes
Abs: 3x a week

Sometimes I do weights, instead.

By the way, later morning is a great time to go if you're self-conscious of working out in front of other people. Usually the only other people working out then are seniors or other SAHM's.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow. I am way impressed. I'm thinking of joining that same gym-
Thanks for your inspiring updates. I love your discipline and dedication, but also your complete honesty.
Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I had worked up to 2 consistant days a week and 3, it was just so nice to be able to get a shower and not have to worry about Abigail. With the new little one on the way I'm sure this will be a routine that I take on when I get my wits about be. EVERYDAY is awesome, but I must start my goals small...I can honestly not believe you postyour weight. I might do this once I hit a good milestone and sure wish I weighed as little as you!