Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween 2011


We had so much fun trick-or-treating this year with the kids. We had hundreds of tricker-treaters this year - even lots of teenagers dressed up, so it was a fun atmosphere. Darren's friend, Shay, went with us. Sammi was old enough to really get into it and learn the rules. It was kind of funny to hear her calling out to the other kids as she perched on Jerry's shoulder, "Light not on! Light not on!!!" Jerry and I felt a little like the people in Oliver Twist, as we urged our kids on to house after house (well, who am I kidding - they were running anyway!) We ended up with tons of candy, and I'm proud to say that we even have a little bit of it left two weeks later. Here are a couple cute and not so cute pictures . . .


Once again, the dress up box that Santa brought four years ago came through for us and I didn't have to buy any new costumes. Miles was a power ranger, Darren was an ultimate Jedi, Claire was a Cheetah, and Sammi was the Little Mermaid. (She wouldn't smile in the picture because we wouldn't let her have the candy bowl.)


Isn't she so cute? (the one above)


Oh, did I say she was the Little Mermaid? Make that a treat monster with a capital M.
And when I brushed her teeth Halloween night, a dot fell out.

1 comment:

correo outlook said...

Congratulations! I remember when I was visiting you the summer I turned 16 and you and Christy kept talking about the executive secretary Jerry and how hot he was, but so shy. It was so fun to hear that you ended up getting together. :) And now look at the fruits--four wonderful, cute, smart kids! I'm glad you had a great anniversary. We played the newlywed game with some friends a few years ago and it was hilarious!