Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No More Thumb-Sucking!



We're proud to announce that Claire has finally stopped sucking her thumbs! We tried the special nail polish first. It was really gross, spicy, and burned Claire's lips - that is, until she sucked it all off. So we decided to bite the bullet and buy the $80 thumb guards that she's wearing in the picture. I had to laugh when Claire's friend, Renee, tried sucking her thumb because she wanted to wear a thumb guard, too! (I'm sure her mom appreciated that.) The first morning we put the thumb guards on, I thought, "this is going to be a LONG day!" In fact, during the first 20 minutes of wearing them, Claire screamed "I don't wanna wear it! I want to take it off!" 78 times. That's right, I kept track. Just so Jerry would feel sorry for me. And she finally stopped screaming and stopped sucking her thumbs a week later.

1 comment:

jenhatch said...

That is SOOO funny! I love that you actually kept track just so Jerry would feel sorry for you. I SO do that! It's usually about how many times I get up in the middle of the night with 'his' kids.