Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter 2011



So, I know Easter isn't about cute dresses - but I've always wanted to do matching outfits, and this year I found a really cute tutorial online. It looked so easy! :) Well, it wasn't hard, but ended up taking WAY longer than I thought it would! My brother Taylor came up for the weekend, and we always have fun with him. He is a really great uncle. On Saturday night, Jerry had to help with youth conference, so Taylor and I assembled the Easter Baskets and watched some funny episodes of MTV's "Disaster Date." Oh, and I told the kids that the Easter bunny isn't real. I was getting tired of all the questions - "How does he get to everyone's house? Does he drive a car? Or does he hop all the way? How come he hides eggs for some people but not others? Do we have to be asleep for him to come? Does he know my name?" etc. -you get the idea. I think next year, we will do eggs and baskets the night before, so that Easter can have more of a sacred meaning to our kids. We are so grateful for the sacrifice of our Savior, and we know that He lives and loves us today!

1 comment:

http://inversioncredito.com said...

It was so fun to hear that you ended up getting together. :) And now look at the fruits--four wonderful, cute, smart kids! I'm glad you had a great anniversary.