Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

This was one of our best Christmas breaks ever! Darren and Claire got to stay with my parents for five days before Christmas, which gave me just enough time to finish painting my bathroom, steam clean all of the carpets, clean the house, and finish shopping. This was probably the best gift I could get. Jerry was able to build a really cute barbie dollhouse for Claire and hooked up an LCD TV and BlueRay player for our media room.

My mom, dad, and brothers brought Darren and Claire back on Christmas Eve and stayed with us for several days. We had a fun time playing games and hanging out with them. But for some reason, we didn't take hardly any pictures!

After they left, my sister Christy, Jon, and their little boys,Tommy and Joey, stayed with us for a couple days. We had fun with them, too, especially decorating sugar cookies. Tommy calls me "Michal Man." I'm glad no one thought of that when I was in elementary school!

To wrap it all up, we went to a really fun New Year's party. The kids all slept upstairs while the grownups stayed up late playing games. What a great idea!

1 comment:

karen said...

sure thing I'll be asking Santa for that one next year--five days pre-holiday with NO KIDS.

And CONGRATS on the girl--it's the perfect 2/2 ratio!

I loved getting your parents' newsletter.